Evidence 2016 is a conference on the use of evidence in decision-making in Africa. The conference will be held from 20-22 September 2016 at the CSIR Conference Centre in Pretoria, South Africa. Click here to register and learn more.
Who should attend
Anyone who works in Africa and has an interest in evidence, its production and use in decision-making. This includes those working in government, civil society, universities and the private sector.
Evidence 2016 aims to encourage and promote evidence-informed decision-making (EIDM) in Africa, thereby contributing to the development of effective public policies, efficient implementation of services, as well as joint learning on interventions that tackle poverty and equality in African countries.
The objectives of the conference include the following:
- to share lessons learnt and advance discussions in supporting EIDM in Africa;
- to increase engagement across AEN membership and build relations with relevant institutions and professionals in EIDM;
- and to situate the AEN as a key player in, and umbrella body for, EIDM in Africa.
Call For Abstracts Open
- 04 April 2016: Call for Abstracts open
- 31 May 2016: Abstract submission closure
- 20 June 2016: Abstracts received by authors who have registered their attendance by this date will be given preference for placement in the programme
- 27 June 2016: Abstract acceptance/rejection notifications issued to authors
- 08 July 2016: Final notification to presenting author(s) of abstract allocation in the programme